Program Signatories are national sport organizations, multi-sport organizations and/or other sport organizations that have adopted the UCCMS and have retained the services of the SDRCC for the implementation of their safe sport framework. These services include the Abuse-Free Sport complaint management process, which involves the OSIC, the DSO, and the SDRCC Dispute Resolution Secretariat.
The signatory status of an organization with the OSIC is important to determine if the OSIC has authority to administer a Complaint since:
- A complaint or report must be formulated against a respondent who is under the authority of a Program Signatory; and
- Certain Program Signatories may only have authority regarding participants at the national level, whereas others may also have authority over participants involved at the provincial/territorial, club or other levels.
Current Program Signatories*
- Canada Games Council
- Sport for Life
- Canadian Sport Institute Atlantic
- Hockey Canada
- Volleyball Canada
- Weightlifting Canada Haltérophilie
* Other sport organizations have signed an agreement to become a Program Signatory following a transition period, which is currently ongoing. Once a transition period is completed and the Program Signatory agreement is effective, the name of the applicable sport organization will be added to this list. The Complaint Management services of the OSIC are not available during the transition period.